Tuesday, October 28, 2008

New Jewelry

I'll be showing my jewelry at the Wellington (Florida) Fall Fling the weekend of November 22. I've been busily making more jewelry, and have posted a few photos here. I'm experimenting with some metal pieces, and I'm also experimenting with my photography. Hopefully my photos will show you the deep colors that I'm using.

For this necklace I used colored freshwater pearls and made a free form silver wire holder for a ceramic focal bead.

This necklace uses Swarovski crystals and Swarovski pearls. If you've never tried these pearls for jewelry making, you should seek them out. The wide range of colors are vibrant, hold some shine, and the color doesn't wear off. You can tell the quality and workmanship of Swarovski is behind them.

I've combined ceramic and glass beads in this necklace, and I've accented it with gold beads. This is a little bit of a departure, since I mostly work in silver, but since I'll be showing this at an art show, I need to satisfy the gold lovers!

One of my favorite mediums is metal, and you can see that in this copper pendant. The copper sheet has been cut, textured with a hammer, and folded. The dangle is a cut brass disk.

No comments: