Monday, March 10, 2014

New Jewelry

So you don't think that I'm just painting right now, I'll show you a jewelry piece I just completed. It is a two-strand necklace. For the small beads, I used a bead soup that I got from jewelry artist Beverly Gilbert, and I added some of my own beads to it. The greenish-brown beads were purchased at a bead show, I don't remember when. I don't have a huge inventory of beads on hand, but enough that I can dig through and find something inspiring to create a new piece. I founds those round beads in a little ziploc, and that was the starting point to this necklace. The clasp is a lobster, and I used copper to go with the colors of the necklace.







1 comment:

Joyce's Journey said...

Love this! The double strand is so pretty! Very nice work! I need to pull out my beads. Haven't made jewelry in quite some time and this looks great!