Sunday, September 28, 2008

Calendar Round Robin

When I went to Portland Art & Soul last year, I met so many wonderful women, all amazing artists. At that point, I hadn't done much with journaling, but I had done some collage. After Portland, I was ready to try anything. I joined an online group, the Calendargirlz, and signed up to do a calendar round robin for the year. I had no idea what it was, and it took me awhile to understand what the project was, but I was game for it. The quick summary is: each of 12 artists choose and purchase an engagement calendar for the next year. Most of them have two-page spreads per week, which gives you 8 pages to work on for the month. The calendars are mailed to the next name on the list, and that woman decorates the pages for the current month, using paint, ink, fabric, ribbons, buttons or whatever. Then you journal on it -- writing as little or as much as you want, about whatever you want. At the end of the month, you send it to the next name on the list, and you'll receive someone else's calendar to work on. Since we're at the end of the year, I now have the last calendar in my hands. I've worked on everyone's calendar, and will be receiving my filled, decorated calendar, back at the end of next month. I haven't seen my calendar in 11 months. I know it will be wonderful! Then it is mine to keep. Here are some pages I've done in other artists' calendars.





No comments: