Friday, February 6, 2009

More Collage

I'm really loving the collage and mixed media class I'm taking with Eydi Lampasona. We're using gel medium to adhere mulch, leaves, twigs, stones, dirt, pine needles, and anything else we can find out in the parking lot, to a gesso'd-board. The gel medium needs to be spread quite thickly. After it dries for a day or so, then you gesso over the whole thing. Then you paint. The first one I did is on canvas. I used purples, reds, blues, then put a little gold on top. This picture doesn't do it justice, but I'm real pleased with it.


I'm so enthusiastic about this technique, that I did another one a couple days later. I used purples, yellow and red. Then I put black on the twigs and branches so they'd stand out. I'm not sure what I'll do with this, but I really like it. But shouldn't we like all our art?

1 comment:

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Yummy texture - I love your colors on the 2nd one especially. I can see a bird landing on one of the branches.