Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Generating Process

In a previous life, I was an accountant. I majored in accounting because I was good at math, and I knew I'd have a guaranteed job when I graduated. All my life I've been good at math, and have loved numbers. Maybe part of that is because my Dad's an engineer, actually an aeronautical engineer. He helped design the rocket engines that went to the moon. Growing up, I was surrounded by books, some of which were his engineering books. So when I found an old engineering book at a garage sale, I knew I just had to have it. Occasionally I'll tear out pages to use in a collage, and here's an example of one of them. The drawing is of a "Generating Process," whatever that means, so that's what I titled the collage. I love the contrast of the pretty colors with the engineering formulas. And I used a tea party doily because it reminded me of gears.

No comments: