Thursday, March 3, 2011

Make Your Own Wall Art

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that we just finished a home addition and renovation. And I know you're still wondering -- when is she going to post some before and after photos? Yeah, yeah. When I say it's finished, I mean the PROFESSIONALS are finished. Our work is still ongoing. I still need to hang pictures on the walls; make a curtain for the giant window in the bathroom door (no, I don't know why we got a door with a big window in it for a bathroom, either); put shelves in the closet so we can empty the boxes on the bedroom floor back into the closet; hang other curtains (preceded by: buy curtains); touch up paint; figure out the configuration and plugs for the stereo, DVD player, Wii, and who knows what else. So just be patient. I'm still working very hard on this renovation!

Part of it is I've decided to paint a couple of my own paintings for my new walls. We've worked so hard on this house -- I want it to reflect my taste and style. I've completed two paintings, and here they are. Too bad I didn't take "in progress" photos of the splashy one, because it went through about 5 different configurations before I came up with this. I still didn't call it "done," but hung it on the wall anyway. When friends came over, and they raved about it, I decided I could call it finished.

Here it is -- I also call it Spring Storm.


I've place this next painting on the wall on your right after you enter my front door. When you're sitting on the love seat in the living room you look across at is. This one I call Field of Possibility.



7 comments:

Kristin Dudish said...

How exciting! It's great that you're creating your own art... such a personal touch! (can't wait to see more photos)

xo
Kristin

Unknown said...

The paintings are wonderful! I'm sure your house will look great.

Cherie Reich said...

Oh, wow! Those paintings are beautiful!

Talli Roland said...

The first one looks Jackson Pollack-inspired! Love it.

Jess said...

I love the first painting... I swoon over drippings!!

Deborah said...

those paintings are lovely!

Unknown said...

Both painting have incredible look but the spring storm look wonderful, thanks for sharing these awesome prints.

http://www.yourwallart.co.uk