Monday, January 20, 2014

Winter Artist Trading Cards

While the rest of the United States has been hammered by one winter storm after the other, we in Florida have had a beautiful, mild winter. In fact, for many weeks it's been downright summer-like. We've had many 80-degree days. Sorry, I don't mean to be rubbing it in. But we do dream of snowy days, and I recently put that into some artwork when I participated in a Winter-themed artist trading card swap.

I painted a background on canvas paper. Then I cut it into ATC-size, which is 3 1/2" x 2 1/2". I added a snowflake rubber stamp, which I embossed, and a forest stamp at the bottom.


I always make each of my ATCs slightly different. 


What I love about artist trading cards is that everyone does something very different. These are collaged with inspiring sayings.


This artist carved a snowman stamp to make her cards.


These were done with the giving theme of the winter holidays.


 These had quite a few 3D elements, and all were very different.


These are done in an encaustic technique.




No comments: