Friday, April 1, 2011

Action Jackson

Yes, that's a title of a cheesy 80's movie starring Carl Weathers (and with Sharon Stone!), and it has nothing to do with this post. I just think it sounds cool -- like giving the word action a little more emphasis. This post is all about ACTION.


As I wake to this April Fool's Day, I'm aware that there's nothing foolish about this lofty goal I've set for myself. I've joined the A-Z blogging challenge, which means I am commiting to posting to my blog 26 times during the month of April. As you can see from my blogging history, I've never posted 26 times in any month. But I've made this goal, and I'm going to take action on it.

Let's talk about goals. Why do I want to have goals, and is having a goal enough? I'm a learner and a tryer. I want to become a better writer, so what better way than to just write. I know, sounds obvious. Just like anything, you need to practice. But why write on a blog? Because I also have the goal of firmly establishing my jewelry and art business. If I write about the jewelry I've made, perhaps someone will be interested enough to buy a piece. If I write about other art I've made, art I've admired, other artists, techniques, books, then my readers will have a better idea of who I am. If you know the person, there will be a greater chance that you'll want to support that person's business.


I have a goal: write more, write better, gain more readers, gain more sales. That's great -- on paper. But a goal needs to have commitment, and that's where this challenge comes in. I'll be blogging a lot this month. My audience is other bloggers, writers, artists, lovers of art, who might become interested in me and later, my jewelry and art. I am taking action toward this goal.


What action are you taking today? Do you have goals, do they have a timeline, and are you committed to your action?

4 comments:

K.C. Woolf said...

I'll remember you as 'Action Suzanne' from now on. :-)

Great post, and I love that you're following your heart and taking action to make it happen.

We all have a unique mix of skills, talents and activities we enjoy, and I think it's great if we can put those to good use, to improve/strengthen/embellish/... our own life as well as that of others.

My own goal: to write.
My timeline: one day at a time. :-)

Gregg Metcalf said...

Action Jackson! Ha I remember that. Nice blog and you have some great goals. This really isn't hard at all and I think you will enjoy it. Glad to have been able to find your blog as a result of the challenge. Good luck to you.


Gregg Metcalf
Colossians 1:28-29

Gospel-driven Disciples

Michelle in a shell said...

Love the thought of action...hadn't even occurred to be despite how pertinent it is to my situation!

Michelle Mach said...

'Action' is a great word for 'A'. It's so easy to get stuck in that dreaming and wishing phase and not take steps towards our goals.

Good for you for joining the A-Z challenge! I have never blogged that much in a single month either. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the rest of the alphabet.